The Torch Theatre (the Torch) is looking for an Executive Director who will provide strong leadership, with ambition, inspirational and visionary drive to build on the success and growth of recent years, taking the Torch into the next chapter of its history, securing its financial sustainability whilst not compromising on its excellence, innovation, accessibility and commitment to producing and presenting work of the highest quality.
The post of Executive Director is the Chief Executive leadership role, holding primary responsibility for setting the strategic direction of the Torch as agreed by the Board of Trustees (the Board); working collaboratively with the Artistic Director to determine the artistic vision and agree the artistic programme for the Torch.
The Executive Director will be responsible to the Board for the whole of the Torch’s management and operations. Balancing sustainable business development with an appetite for risk to oversee the delivery of the artistic programme, championing the Torch’s organisational values to draw the best from a 25-stong team of permanent staff and over 70 regular volunteers, ensuring the culture is inclusive, collaborative, safe and supportive; as well as artistically bold and ambitious.
All applications must be submitted on the official Torch Theatre application form.
The completed application form and Equal Opportunities monitoring form should be sent, preferably in MS Word format, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark your email: Confidential – Executive Director Application
- Recruitment Pack - Executive Director [English]
- Recruitment Pack - Executive Director [Cymraeg]
- Application Form - Executive Director
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form - Executive Director
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Tuesday 27th August 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an Open Day at the Torch and initial interview on Tuesday, 10th September.
Following the first interview, successful candidates will be invited to a second interview on Tuesday, 17th September. Please confirm on the relevant section of the application form should you not be available for interview on these dates.
We will confirm receipt of your application by email.
Torch Theatre vacancies for casual Café/Bar staff
The Torch Theatre are looking for individuals full of energy to join our Front of House team as casual Café/Bar Assistants. If you have a passion for customer service and have experience of Café and/or Bar work, this could be an excellent opportunity for you.
As a casual Café/Bar Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Welcoming and serving customers visiting Café Torch and/or the Torch Bar in a quick and efficient manner always remaining calm in what can be a busy environment;
- All aspects of kitchen duties including basic food preparation;
- Dealing with the pre-ordering and preparing of interval drinks;
- Delivering consistent high quality customer service in what, at times, can be a very fast paced role;
- Clearing, wiping and tidying tables in Café Torch and Front of House areas;
- Following all food hygiene and cleanliness procedures rigorously in all aspects of the job;
- Working in co-operation with other theatre staff to provide a seamless service across all of the catering operation; and complying with Torch Theatre policies and procedures
We are looking for individuals with:
- A ‘can do’ approach towards work;
- Previous experience working in a Café and/or Bar;
- A knowledge of food with a keen interest in developing cooking skills;
- Excellent communication skills, confidence and self-motivation;
- An honest and responsible personality;
- Ability to solve problems at any given time;
- A willingness to be trained and confident in using the coffee machine and tills;
- Excellent attention to detail and punctuality; and
- Excellent team skills
Our Café and Bar opening hours are determined by our theatre and cinema programmes and will regularly vary. We therefore operate a shift/rota system with hours agreed in advance with the Front of House Manager and/or Catering Manager. Our Bar is licensed 11:00am to 1:00am so some early and/or late shifts may be required. Availability is therefore an essential requirement of this role. Applicable National Minimum Wage rates will apply.
If you are interested in applying for a casual Café/Bar Assistant vacancy, please provide an up to date CV and covering letter to Marcus Lewis, Front of House Manager, Torch Theatre Company Ltd, St Peter’s Road, Milford Haven SA73 2BU or email: Marcus@torchtheatre.co.uk
This is an on-going general recruitment campaign and applications will be considered upon an individual basis following receipt of a CV and covering letter.